You’re responsible for an entire city, and whether your city is 50,000 or 500,000, you have challenges you need to meet.
At the end of the day, the last thing you or your inspectors want to do is re-key data.
Avoid redundant activities
Kurt Birkman, City of Prince George
Of course, you could have a clerk do it, but will it be accurate? How many hours are spent on this task?
What if you and your staff never had to worry about re-keying data again?
That’s where the CityReporter™ mobile inspection software suite comes in!
CityReporter helps you solve your most pressing challenges:
- Budgets, personnel, complaints
- Inefficiencies in the inspection process
- Having to re-key data into the system
- Losing paper work
- Limited front counter staff access to reports
- Ending up at the other end of town and realizing your inspector doesn’t have the right files
- Retrieval and access to files and documents
- Missed steps in the follow-up process
- Having to continually track down one or more or your guys for files or paperwork leads to wasted time
Discover why busy building, park, and facilities managers are singing CityReporter’s praises.
Managers like like Kurt Birkman, and Monte Shipmaker (pictured above) appreciate the inspector software’s ability to easily sidestep issues inherent in paper-based “fault-selecting” forms, like:
- Incomplete inspections
- Missing important items accidentally
In today’s “do more with less” environment, where managers are tasked with a busy docket of ongoing inspections and deficiency follow-ups, it’s all to easy to fall victim to:
The fallibility of human memory.
Especially when it comes to mundane matters that are easily overlooked under the stress and strain of time constraints, multi-tasking and pressing issues. If you miss just one key thing, you open up the city to a host of potential claims and costs that could eventually end up in court.
And perhaps even more problematic, inspectors can lull themselves into skipping steps even when they remember them.
In multi-faceted processes, such as building inspections, certain steps can be skipped in the name of expediency, a lack of knowledge or judgment.
Inspection checklists provide protection against such failures. They remind us of the minimum necessary steps and make them explicit. And mobile checklists provide that extra level of security and accessibility you must have, if you are going to do the best job possible for your city.
With a mobile, digital checklist based system, you ensure:
- Consistency – all inspections will be done as per design every time.
- Completeness – all inspections will be complete every time. The file cannot be closed until everything has been checked.
- Risk reduction – documentation of a prudent inspection is court admissible