How to Activate the Inspection Approval Feature
If you would like inspections to be reviewed and edited in the office and then marked as approved, you can enable the Inspection Approval feature. Only a module Administrator can change approval settings. This tutorial applies to the following modules:
1. Using your computer, log into CityReporter web with your city code, username, and password. Select a module and click the Setup button at the top of the screen, as shown.
2. On the module’s Options/Checklist Management page, check the box for Inspection Approval Required.
3. Once the Enable Inspection Approval dialog box appears, you can choose to require approval for all inspections by clicking Require All or you can choose which checklists you want to approve by clicking Set Manually.
4. Regardless of which option you chose, a date option will appear underneath “Inspection Approval Required”. This is the date you would like to begin requiring approval. You can back-date to require approval for any previous inspections that have been completed. Make sure to click the Save icon at the bottom right of the screen once you have set the date.
5. To manually choose lists for approval, choose an Inspection Group and click the Edit button next to it.
6. If you selected “Require All” in step 3, a flag will appear next to each checklist in every Inspection Group of the module, as shown.
7. If you selected “Set Manually” in step 3, no flags will appear. To set inspection approval for an individual checklist, click the Plus sign next to it and select “Require Checklist Approval”.
8. A flag will now appear next to your checklist. Repeat for any checklist you would like to require approval on. Click the Save icon at the top left of the screen to save your changes.
To learn more about the Inspection Approval feature, see our tutorial How to Edit and Approve Inspection Records.