How To Deactivate / Delete Checklists
Each inspection module within CityReporter contains a library of checklists. They are based on industry standards and have been reviewed by an independent risk manager. You may find that you don’t need all the checklists. If that’s the case, you can deactivate them (if they are built-in) or delete them (if they are custom).
1. Using your computer, log into CityReporter web with your city code, username, and password. Next, click the Setup button at the bottom of the screen, as shown.
2. Select a module from the tabs at the top of the screen, as shown.
3. Click the Edit button beside the group of checklists you want to open.
4. On the left side of the screen, click the green Plus symbol beside the checklist that you wish to deactivate or delete. For this example, we’re using the Test Checklist. You can see there is an option to Deactivate Checklist.
5. If you deactivate the checklist, it will become greyed-out in the checklist manager. When you Save the changes, this checklist will not be visible the next time an inspector refreshes CityReporter on their mobile device.
6. If you want to reactivate the checklist, you can simply click the green Plus button beside the greyed-out checklist. Select the option to Activate Checklist, then save your changes. Inspectors will need to refresh CityReporter on their mobile devices to be able to see this checklist again.
7. If you want to delete a checklist, the process is similar. Click the green Plus symbol beside the checklist you’d like to delete. There is an option to Delete Checklist available for custom checklists with blue text, but not built-in checklists with black text.
8. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the checklist. After you click Yes, Save your changes by clicking the tiny floppy disk icon at the top of the checklist manager. To ensure your inspectors see this change the next time they open a location, remind them to refresh CityReporter on their mobile devices.