Your forms can now contain conditional questions that display during your inspection only if a checkbox is enabled. This allows you to show or hide sections of a form depending on whether they apply. This tutorial applies to the following modules:
- Facilities & Buildings
- Fire/Code Enforcement
- Parks & Playgrounds
- Permits & Construction
- Roads & Highways
- Sportfields & Tracks
- Work Orders
- Workplace Safety
1. Using your computer, log into CityReporter web with your city code, username, and password. Select a module and click the Setup button at the top of the screen, as shown. You must have Administrator permissions in order to access the Setup button.
2. Select the Edit button beside the group of forms you would like to work on.
3. Select the form you would like to edit on the left. Click the Plus button beside any of the existing questions and select the option to Add New Question. Your new conditional question will be inserted below where you clicked Plus.
4. Enter a Question Label and set the Question Type to “Conditional Question”. You may want to add font styles so the question looks like a heading. Click OK.
5. Click the Plus button next to the conditional question and select Add Question to Conditional Question.
6. Enter a Question Label, set the Question Type, and click OK to add a question to the conditional section. Repeat steps 6 and 7 to add more questions to the conditional section, which will not display in an inspection by default. The questions will display only if the conditional question is enabled during the inspection.
7. Save at the bottom right. Remember to refresh the CityReporter app to see your form updates on your mobile device.
8. When doing an inspection, questions in the conditional section of the form will display only if you enable the checkbox next to the conditional question – “Sprinkler Systems and Standpipe” in this example.