How To Create Combo Questions
Combo box questions are great for limiting the types of answers that inspectors may choose for a question. A question like “How was the weather?” could result in long, unnecessary answers. In order to keep it simple, you can use a combo box to specify a limited number of answers and give your reporting more consistency – plus, save time for your inspectors.
1. Using your computer, log into CityReporter web with your city code, username, and password. Select a module and click the Setup button at the top of the screen, as shown.
2. In the Checklist Management screen, find the Inspection Group where your checklist is located and click the Edit button.
3. Choose the checklist that you would like to add your combo question to.
4. In the Check List Editor, click the Plus button and then “Add New Question”.
5. In the Question Editor, first enter the question label and then find the Combo question type under the drop-down menu.
6. Below the Combo Options, click the Create button and enter the Option Label. Repeat for each option you want to make available as an answer.
7. If you accidentally add an option you wish to remove, select it and then click the Delete button.
8. Once you have entered all of your options, click Ok at the bottom of the screen.
9. Select Save (Button at the bottom left of the screen) to finalize your questions. If you do not save your changes will be lost.