Combo questions are great for limiting the types of answers that inspectors may choose for a question. A question like “How was the weather?” could result in unnecessarily long answers. In order to keep it simple, you can use a combo to specify a limited number of answers and give your reporting more consistency – plus, save time for your inspectors. This tutorial applies to the following modules:
- Facilities & Buildings
- Fire/Code Enforcement
- Parks & Playgrounds
- Permits & Construction
- Roads & Highways
- Sportfields & Tracks
- Work Orders
- Workplace Safety
1. Using your computer, log into CityReporter web with your city code, username, and password. Select a module and click the Setup button at the top of the screen, as shown. You must have Administrator permissions in order to access the Setup button.
2. On the Form Management screen, find the Inspection Group where your form is located and click the Edit button.
3. Choose the form that you would like to add your combo question to.
4. On the right side of the screen, click the Plus button and select Add New Question.
5. In the Question Editor, first enter the question label and then select the Combo question type in the drop-down menu.
6. In the Combo Options table, click the Create button and enter the Option Label. Repeat for each option you want to make available as an answer.
7. If you decide to remove an option, select it and then click the Delete button.
8. Once you have entered all of your options, click Ok at the bottom of the window.
9. Click the Save button at the bottom right of the screen to finalize your questions. If you do not save, your changes will be lost.