Inspection Types for permits let you set up “shortcuts” for frequently used groups of required inspections.
1. Using your computer, log into CityReporter web with your city code, username, and password. Select the Permits & Construction tab from the left menu, then click the Setup button at the top left of the screen, as shown.
2. Click the Permit Type Management link, as shown.
3. Click the Create button to set up your new inspection type.
4. Enter a Permit Type Name, for example “Deck Permit”, and a description. Click the Save button at the bottom left of the page.
5. Repeat as many times as needed until you have created all your inspection types.
6. You will be able to use the new inspections types next time you create a new permit or open an existing permit. When you reach the Type tab in the permit editor, you can select an Inspection Type from the drop-down menu, and the appropriate required inspections will get checked.